We enjoyed a peaceful few days at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore. Even without being enrolled in one of the formal programs it was a lovely place to be. There was an array of scheduled activities throughout the day to provide structure and to enhance spiritual growth.
There are many organized program offerings, from on-site Inner Engineering workshops and leadership and business seminars to intensive meditation retreats with Sadhguru. Hatha yoga teacher training programs are a minimum of six months. Students of the Hatha yoga teacher training travel throughout South India to fully understand the culture behind yoga. Most Hatha yoga programs, with options ranging from 1 day to 21 day programs, require pre-registration.
The following are things anyone can do while visiting Isha:
- Meditate in the Dhyanalinga or Linga Bhairavi (a feminine energy form).
- Take a dip in the rejuvenating water pools.
- Attend an AUM chanting workshop.
- Take treatments at the Rejuvenation Centre.
- Enjoy brunch and dinner in the dining hall in silence and gratitude.
- Walk the grounds.
- Enjoy a snack from the Peppervine cafe.
- Browse the books and other media from Sadhguru at the bookshop.
- Buy keepsakes or organic cotton clothing at the Isha shoppe, whose proceeds support Isha Foundation’s social outreach initiatives.
- Walk to the new 112-foot Adiyogi statue or perhaps to the top of the seventh peak (this is only offered certain days and times).
- Attend an evening musical performance by Sounds of Isha.
- Enjoy one of Sadhguru’s inspirational talks on video or perhaps even in person at Darshan.
- Be at peace.
We wish to express our deep gratitude for the grace of Sadhguru and the loving care of all the volunteers who made our stay at Isha Foundation in Coimbatore so completely wonderful. This post was fact-checked by the Isha English language publications team and all photos, other than those taken by Pauli-Ann Carriere on our visit, were supplied by Isha and are used with permission.
For opportunities to volunteer at Isha click here.
For current inner transformation courses and offerings click here.