There are a lot of things to do at Isha Yoga Centre , Coimbatore. Even without being enrolled in one of the formal programs, it’s a lovely place to visit. We spent two peaceful days here in 2016.
If you go, without having signed up for a program, there’s an array of scheduled activities throughout the day to provide structure and to enhance spiritual growth. But, if you have time to plan your trip, it’s a good idea to browse the many organized program offerings on the Isha website and take advantage of them. Otherwise, here’s some of our suggestions.
You can register for on-site for the four day Inner Engineering workshops. Depending on the time of year, there are leadership and business seminars. The ultimate, of course, would be to attend an intensive meditation retreat with Sadhguru. Note: that usually requires several pre-requisite courses in Hatha yoga and meditation.
Programs for students interested in Hatha yoga range from one to 21 days. They require pre-registration.
Hatha yoga teacher training programs are a minimum of six months. Days are long but, students of this program travel throughout South India to fully understand the culture behind yoga.
The following are things anyone can do while a guest at Isha:
- Take a dip in the rejuvenating water pools.
- Sit in the Dhyanalinga or Linga Bhairavi (a feminine energy form) and become meditative.
- Attend free Yoga for Beginners offerings like Isha Kriya or Yoga Namaskaram.
- Attend an AUM chanting workshop.
- Take treatments at the Rejuvenation Centre.
- Enjoy brunch and dinner in the dining hall in silence and gratitude.
- Walk the grounds.
- Enjoy a snack from the Peppervine cafe.
- Browse the books and other media from Sadhguru at the bookshop.
- Buy keepsakes or organic cotton clothing at the Isha Life Shoppe and know that the proceeds support Isha Foundation’s social outreach initiatives.
- Walk to the new 112-foot Adiyogi statue or perhaps to the top of the seventh peak (this is only offered certain days and times).
- Attend an evening musical performance by Sounds of Isha.
- Enjoy one of Sadhguru’s inspirational talks on video or perhaps even in person at a Darshan.
- Be at peace.
- Catch fire.
We wish to express our deep gratitude for the grace of Sadhguru and the loving care of all the volunteers who made our stay at Isha Foundation in Coimbatore so completely wonderful. This post was fact-checked by the Isha English language publications team and all photos, other than those taken by Pauli-Ann Carriere on our visit, were supplied by Isha and are used with permission.
For opportunities to volunteer at Isha click here.
For current inner transformation courses and offerings click here.