This hearty bowl is grainfree and served warm for breakfast. It’s a completely nourishing way to start the day and each time we visited the cheery Pumpkin Tales cafe, Karen had to have it.
Pumpkin Tales’ Warm Morning Glory Bowl Recipe
1 cup (250 mls) pumpkin flesh, cut in ½ inch cubes
½ cup (125 mls) sweet potato, cut in ½ inch cubes
⅓ cup (100 grams) mushrooms, diced
1 bunch of spinach, chopped roughly
¼ cup (70 mls) each red, yellow and green bell peppers, cut in ½ inch pieces
1 Tablespoon (15 grams) garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons (10 grams) chili flakes
4 Tablespoons (60 mls) olive oil (divided)
2 teaspoons (10 mls) vinegar
½ cup (50 grams) kale, chopped
5 soft boiled or poached eggs
⅓ cup (100 grams) mixed nuts
⅓ cup (100 grams) dried fruits
1 teaspoon (5 grams) salt
- Combine the pumpkin and sweet potato with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil and the garlic, vinegar, salt, chili flakes and oregano and marinate them in a glass bowl for 30 minutes.
- Spread the vegetables out on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes at 375℉ (180℃).
- Bring a pot of water to boil when the pumpkin and sweet potato have about 5 minutes left to cook. Add the eggs and time them to be soft boiled – approximately 5 minutes once boiling.
- Bring a large non-stick skillet to heat on medium, while the eggs are boiling, and add the remaining olive oil followed by the bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and kale, stirring well until the vegetables are starting to soften and the greens are wilted.
- Stir in the roasted pumpkin and sweet potato, check for seasoning and adjust salt as needed.
- Transfer to 5 individual serving bowls and garnish with chopped nuts, dry fruit and halved soft boiled eggs.
Thanks for trying this facesplacesandplates.com recipe.