These potatoes are both fried and steamed. The result is complete absorption of the flavours of the shallots and the spice masala. Anna always serves these along side her famous Duck Curry recipe but they are great with any curry.
Anna Zacharria’s Mezhukku Chini Chutti (Wok fried potatoes) Recipe
3 Tablespoons coconut oil
40 fresh curry leaves
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 cup shallots – sliced lengthwise
1 long green chili, slit along the sides and left intact
1 kg peeled potatoes, sliced into French fry wedges
1–1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok on medium heat.
- Add the curry leaves, salt, turmeric, shallots and chili and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the potato and cook for 8 to 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring periodically.
- Add the pepper and stir and cook for 1 minute more.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Enjoy with Duck Curry or your favourite curry.
Thanks for trying this facesplacesandplates.com recipe.